Gran Estreno made a bold move on the final turn and pulled away from a good field in the stretch to win the Colonel E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Jan. 22 at Fair Grounds.
Blocked in the stretch, Gran Estreno exploited an unexpected opening at the rail to win the $120,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. III) for the second year in a row at Arlington Park Sept. 4.
Gran Estreno, claimed twice for $20,000 this year, earned a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) when he led all the way to win the $200,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Sept.5.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee