February Storm, a stakes winner and half-brother to grade I winner Blushing K.D., will enter stud at Charlotte Weber's Live Oak Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Ken Ramsey's Ten Cents a Shine, who was transferred from trainer Ken McPeek's care in Florida to Hall of Famer D. Wayne Lukas in California this past week, worked for the first time over Santa Anita's fast main track Sunday morning, logging five furlongs in 1:01 3/5 handily.
Peter Vegso's homebred Orchard Park rallied through the stretch to defeat Mr. Mellon by a length in Saturday's $277,500 Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Three horses who ran in Triple Crown prep races this spring will experiment with turf racing in Saturday's $250,000 Jefferson Cup (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Trainer John Sadler said San Rafael Stakes fifth-place finisher Pelirrojo will miss two to three months of training after coming out of the race with a "hot knee," rendering the 3-year-old son of Flying Continental off the Kentucky Derby trail.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double