February Storm, a stakes winner and half-brother to grade I winner Blushing K.D., will enter stud at Charlotte Weber's Live Oak Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Ken Ramsey's Ten Cents a Shine, who was transferred from trainer Ken McPeek's care in Florida to Hall of Famer D. Wayne Lukas in California this past week, worked for the first time over Santa Anita's fast main track Sunday morning, logging five furlongs in 1:01 3/5 handily.
Peter Vegso's homebred Orchard Park rallied through the stretch to defeat Mr. Mellon by a length in Saturday's $277,500 Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Three horses who ran in Triple Crown prep races this spring will experiment with turf racing in Saturday's $250,000 Jefferson Cup (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Trainer John Sadler said San Rafael Stakes fifth-place finisher Pelirrojo will miss two to three months of training after coming out of the race with a "hot knee," rendering the 3-year-old son of Flying Continental off the Kentucky Derby trail.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year