Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
- By Steve Haskin
The press box. The name evokes images of veteran reporters, sleeves rolled up, sitting behind their Underwood typewriters in a cloud of cigar or cigarette smoke, pounding out stories, scoops, columns, and features. read blog
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Jan. 4 that Pony Highway Productions and HRTV have won the Media Eclipse Award in the national television--features category for the documentary "On the Muscle: Portrait of a Thoroughbred Racing Stable," which explores the world of Hall of Fame trainer Richard Mandella and six horses in his stable.
In its first year of televising the Breeders' Cup World Championships, ESPN will air seven hours of coverage from Churchill Downs in Louisville. The Breeders' Cup coverage begins Nov. 4 at noon and continues to 7 p.m., and will be telecast in high definition.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies