Sightseeing loves a good fight, but the 3-5 favorite in Sunday's $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) nearly cut it too close when he got up in the final stride to nose 14-1 outsider Prom Shoes at Belmont Park.
The 139th running of the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the third and final leg of horse racing's Triple Crown, could pick up a starter or two at the conclusion of Sunday's Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll