Sightseeing loves a good fight, but the 3-5 favorite in Sunday's $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) nearly cut it too close when he got up in the final stride to nose 14-1 outsider Prom Shoes at Belmont Park.
The 139th running of the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the third and final leg of horse racing's Triple Crown, could pick up a starter or two at the conclusion of Sunday's Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever