Sightseeing loves a good fight, but the 3-5 favorite in Sunday's $200,000 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) nearly cut it too close when he got up in the final stride to nose 14-1 outsider Prom Shoes at Belmont Park.
The 139th running of the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the third and final leg of horse racing's Triple Crown, could pick up a starter or two at the conclusion of Sunday's Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open