Three trainers and a clocker based at Penn National Race Course were arrested Friday, Nov. 22 after a federal grand jury indicted them on fraud charges in connection with races and workouts at the Grantville, Pa. track.
Allegations that horses were purposely held at the start of the 2010 All American Futurity won by Mr Piloto are being disputed by Ruidoso Downs management.
Jockey Rafael Bejarano won his comeback race Wednesday at Turfway Park after more than four weeks on the sidelines, but only after he was involved in an incident on a Lima, Peru-to-Miami flight that sparked an FBI investigation.
Washington is introducing live scan fingerprint technology to the pari-mutuel industry as state racing commission officials begin to process the applications of owners, trainers, jockeys and other personnel for the opening of Emerald Downs' live Thoroughbred meet April 21.
Federal investigators are interviewing top Maryland lawmakers, as well as lobbyists, and members of the state's racing industry about Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller and his role as chairman of the Democratic Legislative Committee, a fundraising arm of the national Democratic Party.
In a dramatic expansion in the investigation into the alleged fixing of a winning Pick 6 ticket during the World Thoroughbred Championships Breeders' Cup Oct. 26, the U.S. Justice Department, through federal prosecutors in Manhattan, along with the FBI, have joined the effort to see if criminal activity was involved.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame will announce June 27 the details of how a Seabiscuit trophy stolen in the 1950s was recovered. The trophy was stolen from the Howard family, which owned the famed Thoroughbred.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win