While most of the horses running Saturday in the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races went to the track at Belmont Park Thursday for light exercise, some contenders breezed in their final preparations.
Though two big European names, Powerscourt and Motivator, will not be running on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships day, the contingent of foreign-based horses is quite strong, Nick Clarke, retired head of the International Racing Bureau, said from Belmont Park Sunday morning.
The finish came just in time for Gainsborough Farm homebred Favourable Terms and jockey Kieren Fallon, who held off a soaring Silence Is Golden by a short head for victory in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood Saturday.
Godolphin Racing's Echoes in Eternity had to battle most of the way before prevailing by a neck over Macadamia in the Peugeot Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket Saturday.
Maktoum Al Maktoum's Favourable Terms, ridden confidently by Kieren Fallon for trainer Michael Stoute, scored a neck victory over Perfect Touch in the betfair.com Matron Stakes (Ire-II) at Leopardstown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule