While most of the horses running Saturday in the eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races went to the track at Belmont Park Thursday for light exercise, some contenders breezed in their final preparations.
Though two big European names, Powerscourt and Motivator, will not be running on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships day, the contingent of foreign-based horses is quite strong, Nick Clarke, retired head of the International Racing Bureau, said from Belmont Park Sunday morning.
The finish came just in time for Gainsborough Farm homebred Favourable Terms and jockey Kieren Fallon, who held off a soaring Silence Is Golden by a short head for victory in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood Saturday.
Godolphin Racing's Echoes in Eternity had to battle most of the way before prevailing by a neck over Macadamia in the Peugeot Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket Saturday.
Maktoum Al Maktoum's Favourable Terms, ridden confidently by Kieren Fallon for trainer Michael Stoute, scored a neck victory over Perfect Touch in the betfair.com Matron Stakes (Ire-II) at Leopardstown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm