Trainer Dale Romans invoked the name of Hall of Famer H. Allen Jerkens the morning of May 28, a fitting move considering he had just gone old-school in preparing his pair of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) hopefuls.
Zayat Stables' American Pharoah continued his preparation for the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) by galloping 1 1/2 miles over the Churchill Downs main track May 31 with exercise rider Jorge Alvarez in the irons.
With only a week until the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah stepped up his training May 30 with a 1 1/2-mile gallop on the Churchill Downs main track.
Forum Racing's Birdatthewire smoothly completed five furlongs 1:01 1/5 on the still-fast track as the two-time grade II winner prepares for a start in the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Trainer Dale Romans expresses confidence in the son of Dynaformer who worked a smooth five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 April 26 at Churchill Downs. He galloped out six furlongs in 1:13.
Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) winner Dullahan zipped five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Aug. 11 in preparation for the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- ARCI Announces Poll Results on Medication
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.