Trainer Dale Romans invoked the name of Hall of Famer H. Allen Jerkens the morning of May 28, a fitting move considering he had just gone old-school in preparing his pair of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) hopefuls.
Zayat Stables' American Pharoah continued his preparation for the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) by galloping 1 1/2 miles over the Churchill Downs main track May 31 with exercise rider Jorge Alvarez in the irons.
With only a week until the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah stepped up his training May 30 with a 1 1/2-mile gallop on the Churchill Downs main track.
Forum Racing's Birdatthewire smoothly completed five furlongs 1:01 1/5 on the still-fast track as the two-time grade II winner prepares for a start in the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Trainer Dale Romans expresses confidence in the son of Dynaformer who worked a smooth five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 April 26 at Churchill Downs. He galloped out six furlongs in 1:13.
Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) winner Dullahan zipped five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Aug. 11 in preparation for the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps