Zayat Stables' American Pharoah continued his preparation for the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) by galloping 1 1/2 miles over the Churchill Downs main track May 31 with exercise rider Jorge Alvarez in the irons.
With only a week until the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah stepped up his training May 30 with a 1 1/2-mile gallop on the Churchill Downs main track.
Forum Racing's Birdatthewire smoothly completed five furlongs 1:01 1/5 on the still-fast track as the two-time grade II winner prepares for a start in the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Trainer Dale Romans expresses confidence in the son of Dynaformer who worked a smooth five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 April 26 at Churchill Downs. He galloped out six furlongs in 1:13.
Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) winner Dullahan zipped five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Churchill Downs Aug. 11 in preparation for the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break