Timepiece broke through for the biggest victory of her career when she rolled to an easy victory in the $255,742 Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 8.
The 26th World Championships got off to a thrilling start in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon when Man of Iron hung on to defeat 9-year-old Cloudy's Knight by a nose Nov. 6 at Santa Anita Park.
Godolphin Racing's Mastery has been installed as the 9-5 morning line favorite in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon, which kicks off the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup races at Santa Anita.
Juddmonte Farms, who already has Breeders' Cup victories with Banks Hill (2001) and Intercontinental (2005), could have a strong presence in this year's World Championships with several horses, including Midday, who is targeting the $2 million Emirates Airline Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 6 at Santa Anita.
The Godolphin team continued its winning hot streak as Mastery overpowered stablemate Kite Wood in the closing strides to take the Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I) at Doncaster Sept. 12.
There have been instances over the years with horses bred in different countries having the same name. But not often have the two won on the same day, and in this case, the same race number.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5