A memorial celebration for Steve Warner, a highly successful small-time California breeder who headed the Fast Lane Farms syndicate, is scheduled for May 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Hollywood Park clubhouse owner-trainer lounge.
Helen of Troy, dam of champion Thor's Echo, was euthanized June 30 because of complications from laminitis.
In her first try down Santa Anita's hillside turf course, Dancing Edie squeezed through at the rail mid-stretch and dug in for a half-length victory in the Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on opening day of the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park Sept. 26.
A Jan. 6 dinner will honor the breeders of winners of 2006 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races.
TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion Thor's Echo, racing in the Superman silks of Suarez Racing, made his case for a 2006 Eclipse Award, repelling a menacing challenge from the unlucky Diabolical to win the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Pacesetter Dancing Edie survived an inquiry to win the $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap (gr. IT) for fillies and mares by a nose over Moscow Burning on the Del Mar turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival