A memorial celebration for Steve Warner, a highly successful small-time California breeder who headed the Fast Lane Farms syndicate, is scheduled for May 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Hollywood Park clubhouse owner-trainer lounge.
Helen of Troy, dam of champion Thor's Echo, was euthanized June 30 because of complications from laminitis.
In her first try down Santa Anita's hillside turf course, Dancing Edie squeezed through at the rail mid-stretch and dug in for a half-length victory in the Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on opening day of the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park Sept. 26.
A Jan. 6 dinner will honor the breeders of winners of 2006 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships races.
TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion Thor's Echo, racing in the Superman silks of Suarez Racing, made his case for a 2006 Eclipse Award, repelling a menacing challenge from the unlucky Diabolical to win the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Pacesetter Dancing Edie survived an inquiry to win the $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap (gr. IT) for fillies and mares by a nose over Moscow Burning on the Del Mar turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31