An experienced field of older runners face off at Arlington in the grade III Hanshin Cup May 19 with a slew of recent winners set to go in a very competitive heat.
Nates Mineshaft led all the way in the $120,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) for his first stakes victory in a race marred by the breakdown of favorite Thiskyhasnolimit Feb. 25 at Fair Grounds.
Thiskyhasnolimit, who led all the way in the Louisiana Handicap at Fair Grounds in mid-January, will try for his second straight triumph when he takes on eight rivals in the Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III).
Million-dollar earner Chamberlain Bridge snapped a six-race losing streak Dec. 17 when he led throughout to capture the Bonapaw Stakes at Fair Grounds, one of three $75,000 stakes races on the New Orleans program.
After returning from the sidelines, Mission Impazible hopes to make another big score in New Orleans when he takes on Apart in the $125,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) on Feb. 19.
There isn't a grade I stakes to be found March 13-14, but it is by far the most important weekend of the year so far for 3-year-old males.
Jim Tafel's 3-year-old Fast Alex may have put himself in the picture for the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) with a solid victory in an allowance race at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 1.
A look back at last weekend's races and a profile of impressive Fair Grounds allowance winner Hotep.
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista