An experienced field of older runners face off at Arlington in the grade III Hanshin Cup May 19 with a slew of recent winners set to go in a very competitive heat.
Nates Mineshaft led all the way in the $120,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) for his first stakes victory in a race marred by the breakdown of favorite Thiskyhasnolimit Feb. 25 at Fair Grounds.
Thiskyhasnolimit, who led all the way in the Louisiana Handicap at Fair Grounds in mid-January, will try for his second straight triumph when he takes on eight rivals in the Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III).
Million-dollar earner Chamberlain Bridge snapped a six-race losing streak Dec. 17 when he led throughout to capture the Bonapaw Stakes at Fair Grounds, one of three $75,000 stakes races on the New Orleans program.
After returning from the sidelines, Mission Impazible hopes to make another big score in New Orleans when he takes on Apart in the $125,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) on Feb. 19.
There isn't a grade I stakes to be found March 13-14, but it is by far the most important weekend of the year so far for 3-year-old males.
Jim Tafel's 3-year-old Fast Alex may have put himself in the picture for the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) with a solid victory in an allowance race at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 1.
A look back at last weekend's races and a profile of impressive Fair Grounds allowance winner Hotep.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen