Srikandi made the best of her inside draw June 6, racing well on the pace throughout to win the Aus$2 million Stradbroke Handicap (Aus-I), Queensland's most important race, by 1 3/4 lengths from Boban.
Longshot Qualify wore down favorite Legatissimo in the final strides and won the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) by a short head June 5 at Epsom Downs.
The first four sessions of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale wrapped up Jan. 12 with gains over last year in three key economic indicators. A Fastnet Rock filly topped the fourth session.
The four-session select portion of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia ended Jan. 14 with increases of 2.9% in average price and 11.1% in median price from a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill