Led by the $360,000 paid by Gainesway for the 7-year-old mare Hidden Expression, Fasig-Tipton concluded its winter mixed sale Feb. 10 on a solid note, despite the formidable wintery conditions during the two-day sale.
Sub-freezing temperatures plus several inches of fresh snow daily does not lend itself to the most pleasant conditions for a horse sale.
Hidden Expression, a 7-year-old stakes-winning daughter of Yonaguska, was purchased by Gainesway for $360,000 to top the early portion of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale's second session Feb. 10.
The one-day Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale already was registering strong numbers on Feb. 11 in Lexington when a supplemental catalog from Eugene Melnyk's breeding operation assured a grand finale.
Red Piano, a winning daughter of Red Ransom, fetched $150,000 from Jayne Johnson, agent, early in the Fasig-Tipton February winter mixed sale in Lexington Feb. 11.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 295 entries for its Kentucky winter mixed sale to be held at Newtown Paddocks in Lexington on Monday, Feb. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes