An Indian Charlie colt from the family of champion Vindication sold for $750,000 to light up the results board during the early portion of the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale Aug. 6.
Topped by a Dynaformer filly sold for $1,225,000, Fasig-Tipton's annual Saratoga selected yearling sale soared Aug. 5, with the average increasing by 20% over the comparable session a year ago.
Everything has to fall into place for a top horse to sell well at Saratoga.
A Distorted Humor colt from the family of champion Banshee Breeze commanded a price of $500,000 to lead the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in the early stages Aug. 6.
Wednesday night's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale ended not with a bang but a whimper, as the highly anticipated Storm Cat colt--the last yearling through the ring--was bought back by consignor Robert Evans for $3.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones