An Indian Charlie colt from the family of champion Vindication sold for $750,000 to light up the results board during the early portion of the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale Aug. 6.
Topped by a Dynaformer filly sold for $1,225,000, Fasig-Tipton's annual Saratoga selected yearling sale soared Aug. 5, with the average increasing by 20% over the comparable session a year ago.
Everything has to fall into place for a top horse to sell well at Saratoga.
A Distorted Humor colt from the family of champion Banshee Breeze commanded a price of $500,000 to lead the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in the early stages Aug. 6.
Wednesday night's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale ended not with a bang but a whimper, as the highly anticipated Storm Cat colt--the last yearling through the ring--was bought back by consignor Robert Evans for $3.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Katie's Kiss First Winner for Kantharos
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- No Lasix for Social Inclusion in Haskell
- Samraat Headed Back to Saratoga After Surgery
- Trainer, Jock Team for South African Double
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape