An Indian Charlie colt from the family of champion Vindication sold for $750,000 to light up the results board during the early portion of the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale Aug. 6.
Topped by a Dynaformer filly sold for $1,225,000, Fasig-Tipton's annual Saratoga selected yearling sale soared Aug. 5, with the average increasing by 20% over the comparable session a year ago.
Everything has to fall into place for a top horse to sell well at Saratoga.
A Distorted Humor colt from the family of champion Banshee Breeze commanded a price of $500,000 to lead the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in the early stages Aug. 6.
Wednesday night's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale ended not with a bang but a whimper, as the highly anticipated Storm Cat colt--the last yearling through the ring--was bought back by consignor Robert Evans for $3.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban