The colt was the first yearling to break the half-million-dollar mark during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Select yearling sale.
As the first horse entered the ring for the final session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale Thursday evening, the power went out. Auxiliary generators quickly restored the blacked-out conditions to the sales pavilion, but it was four big-priced horses in the ring as the evening progressed that knocked the lights out of all previous sale records for gross and average.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Trainer, Jock Team for South African Double
- Katie's Kiss First Winner for Kantharos
- Samraat Headed Back to Saratoga After Surgery
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- No Lasix for Social Inclusion in Haskell
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape