The colt was the first yearling to break the half-million-dollar mark during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Select yearling sale.
As the first horse entered the ring for the final session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale Thursday evening, the power went out. Auxiliary generators quickly restored the blacked-out conditions to the sales pavilion, but it was four big-priced horses in the ring as the evening progressed that knocked the lights out of all previous sale records for gross and average.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours