Continuing the trend with the season's previous yearling sales, the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall yearling sale ended its three-day run at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., Oct. 1 with downturns across the board and an increase in the buy-back rate.
It was more of the same during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Sept. 30 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., as gross, average, and median took dives while the buy-back rate climbed.
The opening session of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Eastern Fall yearling sale, Sept. 29 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., took hits in key statistical areas, with gross and average falling, but the median remained steady.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall Yearling sale has shown strong numbers through the first two days of the three-day auction. On Monday and Tuesday, gross and average are up slightly, while the median is up significantly and the number of horses bought back is down. The sale ends today.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed