Continuing the trend with the season's previous yearling sales, the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall yearling sale ended its three-day run at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., Oct. 1 with downturns across the board and an increase in the buy-back rate.
It was more of the same during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Sept. 30 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., as gross, average, and median took dives while the buy-back rate climbed.
The opening session of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Eastern Fall yearling sale, Sept. 29 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., took hits in key statistical areas, with gross and average falling, but the median remained steady.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall Yearling sale has shown strong numbers through the first two days of the three-day auction. On Monday and Tuesday, gross and average are up slightly, while the median is up significantly and the number of horses bought back is down. The sale ends today.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another