In its first year, a pinhooking venture established by Ahmed Zayat sold eight 2-year-olds for more than $4.1 million, a healthy return on the aggregate yearling purchase price of $1.63 million.
Despite knocking it out of the park with a modestly-priced colt sold at public auction for seven figures, a pinhook partnership put together by Paul Sharp and Liz Crow will remain grounded and not get too carried away with its instant success.
It was another hot, sticky day in the Baltimore area May 18 as the three-session under tack show in preparation for next week's Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training came to an end.
With steady rain falling, the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale began May 17, with two juveniles sharing the top eighth of a mile workout time of :10 and four equaling the best quarter-mile time of :21 3/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun