Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners' grade I winner Capo Bastone will bypass the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park and be entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale Nov. 3.
In a movie, Belle Gallantey's rags to riches 2014 season would end with a victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), but in real life her connections are taking time before committing to the race.
Two-time Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) winner Mizdirection brought a final bid $2.7 million to become the second-highest priced offering as the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale went over the mid-point Nov. 4.
Romacaca was back in familiar surroundings after capturing the $100,000 South Beach Stakes, but she wouldn't have been in the Gulfstream Park winner's circle had owner Frank Calabrese received his price at auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory