Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners' grade I winner Capo Bastone will bypass the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park and be entered in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale Nov. 3.
In a movie, Belle Gallantey's rags to riches 2014 season would end with a victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), but in real life her connections are taking time before committing to the race.
Two-time Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) winner Mizdirection brought a final bid $2.7 million to become the second-highest priced offering as the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale went over the mid-point Nov. 4.
Romacaca was back in familiar surroundings after capturing the $100,000 South Beach Stakes, but she wouldn't have been in the Gulfstream Park winner's circle had owner Frank Calabrese received his price at auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?