"It wasn't spectacular, but it was OK, and that was better than I expected," said consignor Mark Taylor, summing up the performance of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select auction.
Hammer Time's Deirdre Biles reviews the results of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select Yearling Sale. Read Blog
A daughter of Exchange Rate named Wicked Exchange, purchased for $375,000 by Zayat Stables, is the top-priced offering to pass through the sale ring on day two of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale. The $375,000 price tag established a new high price for the sale. The previous top price was $330,000 for a son of first-crop sire Unforgettable Max, purchased by Hidden Brook Farm, agent for Paul Pompa Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training