Horse racing newcomer Larry Best struck again, going to $1 million to acquire a Medaglia d'Oro filly during the waning minutes of the Fasig-Tipton July selected yearling sale, highlighting a strong auction that kicked off the yearling sale season.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 300 foals of 2016 for the sale that kicks off the yearling auction season, providing breeders with the first barometer of the market.
The Fasig-Tipton July selected yearling sale offers buyers the first opportunity to see yearlings from first-crop sires and one of the top horses to watch at the July 11 sale is a colt sired by Cairo Prince.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner