Alfredo Lichoa of Northwest Stud discusses his purchase of the $550,000 Cowboy Cal colt at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July Sale. watch video
Hip 110, a colt by Unbridled's Song, in the ring at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July 2014 Sale. watch video
Evan Hammonds talks with Boyd Browning of Fasig-Tipton Kentucky and Mark Taylor of Taylor Made Farm about the upcoming Sale on Monday, July 14, 2014. watch video
Fasig-Tipton will not conduct a yearling sale in Kentucky in the fall. The auction had been scheduled for Oct. 26-28 in Lexington.
The 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed auction posted an 18.9% gain in average price. The gross revenue rose 1.9% while the median price remained the same as in 2007. But this year's edition of the sale, scheduled for Feb. 9 in Lexington, isn't expected to perform as strongly.
Beginning with its July sale, Fasig-Tipton Company will offer consignors the opportunity to contribute to organizations benefiting retired racehorses through its Blue Horse Charities.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale began in Lexington, Ky. on Wednesday, with two colts each selling for $250,000 before a Lord Carson filly stepped into the ring to sell for $350,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015