Alfredo Lichoa of Northwest Stud discusses his purchase of the $550,000 Cowboy Cal colt at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July Sale. watch video
Hip 110, a colt by Unbridled's Song, in the ring at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July 2014 Sale. watch video
Evan Hammonds talks with Boyd Browning of Fasig-Tipton Kentucky and Mark Taylor of Taylor Made Farm about the upcoming Sale on Monday, July 14, 2014. watch video
Fasig-Tipton will not conduct a yearling sale in Kentucky in the fall. The auction had been scheduled for Oct. 26-28 in Lexington.
The 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed auction posted an 18.9% gain in average price. The gross revenue rose 1.9% while the median price remained the same as in 2007. But this year's edition of the sale, scheduled for Feb. 9 in Lexington, isn't expected to perform as strongly.
Beginning with its July sale, Fasig-Tipton Company will offer consignors the opportunity to contribute to organizations benefiting retired racehorses through its Blue Horse Charities.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale began in Lexington, Ky. on Wednesday, with two colts each selling for $250,000 before a Lord Carson filly stepped into the ring to sell for $350,000.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Charles Town, Oaklawn Cancel Friday Cards
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly