Alfredo Lichoa of Northwest Stud discusses his purchase of the $550,000 Cowboy Cal colt at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July Sale. watch video
Hip 110, a colt by Unbridled's Song, in the ring at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July 2014 Sale. watch video
Evan Hammonds talks with Boyd Browning of Fasig-Tipton Kentucky and Mark Taylor of Taylor Made Farm about the upcoming Sale on Monday, July 14, 2014. watch video
Fasig-Tipton will not conduct a yearling sale in Kentucky in the fall. The auction had been scheduled for Oct. 26-28 in Lexington.
The 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed auction posted an 18.9% gain in average price. The gross revenue rose 1.9% while the median price remained the same as in 2007. But this year's edition of the sale, scheduled for Feb. 9 in Lexington, isn't expected to perform as strongly.
Beginning with its July sale, Fasig-Tipton Company will offer consignors the opportunity to contribute to organizations benefiting retired racehorses through its Blue Horse Charities.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale began in Lexington, Ky. on Wednesday, with two colts each selling for $250,000 before a Lord Carson filly stepped into the ring to sell for $350,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Barretts Sets 2015 Auction Schedule
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored