Fasig-Tipton will not conduct a yearling sale in Kentucky in the fall. The auction had been scheduled for Oct. 26-28 in Lexington.
The 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed auction posted an 18.9% gain in average price. The gross revenue rose 1.9% while the median price remained the same as in 2007. But this year's edition of the sale, scheduled for Feb. 9 in Lexington, isn't expected to perform as strongly.
Beginning with its July sale, Fasig-Tipton Company will offer consignors the opportunity to contribute to organizations benefiting retired racehorses through its Blue Horse Charities.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale began in Lexington, Ky. on Wednesday, with two colts each selling for $250,000 before a Lord Carson filly stepped into the ring to sell for $350,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm