Fasig-Tipton will not conduct a yearling sale in Kentucky in the fall. The auction had been scheduled for Oct. 26-28 in Lexington.
The 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed auction posted an 18.9% gain in average price. The gross revenue rose 1.9% while the median price remained the same as in 2007. But this year's edition of the sale, scheduled for Feb. 9 in Lexington, isn't expected to perform as strongly.
Beginning with its July sale, Fasig-Tipton Company will offer consignors the opportunity to contribute to organizations benefiting retired racehorses through its Blue Horse Charities.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale began in Lexington, Ky. on Wednesday, with two colts each selling for $250,000 before a Lord Carson filly stepped into the ring to sell for $350,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses