Trainer Jason Servis could start the weekend off with a bang for the Servis family when he sends out Chocolate Brown in the June 4 Fashion Stakes at Belmont Park.
John Velazquez was determined not to let heavily favored Holiday Runner get an easy lead in the Fashion Stakes Thursday at Belmont Park. He challenged her aboard La Violette on the backside and through the turn in the five-furlong stakes. Holiday Runner, however, had no trouble shaking her off, then held off a late charge from Miss Mary Apples to remain unbeaten in three starts.
D. Wayne Lukas has won more than his share of added-money races, but one has eluded the Hall of Fame conditioner --the Fashion Stakes. That could all change when he sends out the undefeated Holiday Runner in the $75,000 five-furlong contest for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Canterbury Park Tweaks September Race Schedule
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame