Trainer Jason Servis could start the weekend off with a bang for the Servis family when he sends out Chocolate Brown in the June 4 Fashion Stakes at Belmont Park.
John Velazquez was determined not to let heavily favored Holiday Runner get an easy lead in the Fashion Stakes Thursday at Belmont Park. He challenged her aboard La Violette on the backside and through the turn in the five-furlong stakes. Holiday Runner, however, had no trouble shaking her off, then held off a late charge from Miss Mary Apples to remain unbeaten in three starts.
D. Wayne Lukas has won more than his share of added-money races, but one has eluded the Hall of Fame conditioner --the Fashion Stakes. That could all change when he sends out the undefeated Holiday Runner in the $75,000 five-furlong contest for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding