After breaking a string of runner-up finishes in most spectacular fashion, Found (IRE) will try for a second straight group I win Oct. 15, when she faces up to 18 rivals in the $1,586,000 QIPCO Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot.
Led by 2014 Horse of the Year California Chrome, a strong contingent of U.S.-based horses head the nominees to this year's $10-million Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates (UAE-I) March 26 at Meydan Racecourse.
Horse of the Year California Chrome is among the 181 horses accepted for the 2016 Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse in the United Arab Emirates.
Fascinating Rock, owned and bred by Newtown Anner Stud, won the first group I event of his career Oct. 17 when he rallied to take the QIPCO Champions Stakes for 3-year-olds and up at Ascot in England.
Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) victor Australia and runner-up Kingston Hill look set for their highly anticipated rematch in the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Ire-I) June 28 at the Curragh.
Australia, Coolmore and partners' regally bred Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) victor, could try to become the 17th horse to complete the Epsom and Irish Derby (Ire-I) double June 28 at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment