Well over 200 people--horsemen, fans, and racetrack regulars--gathered April 20 at Santa Anita Park to remember trainer Mike Mitchell, who died at the age of 66 April 14 after a lengthy battle with brain cancer.
From the time he was a youngster, trainer Gary Jones said winning the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) was his family's biggest quest.
Retired trainer Farrell W. Jones, eighth in career victories at Hollywood Park with 479, visited the track for the first time in 25 years Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala