Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., who trains Sis City, the likely favorite in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), was suspended for 120 days beginning June 1 for three separate violations incurred over the past two years, but half of the suspension could be stayed.
Prominent New York trainer Richard E. Dutrow Jr. must serve a 45-day suspension and pay a $3,000 fine for an equine drug positive, the New York State Racing and Wagering Board ruled Tuesday.
Belmont Park presents its final stakes race of the spring-summer meet Sunday when a deep field of New York-breds contests the $100,000 Evan Shipman Handicap at 1 1/16 miles. Gatsas Stables' Gander is the key attraction in this race and 124-pound highweight.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab