Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., who trains Sis City, the likely favorite in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), was suspended for 120 days beginning June 1 for three separate violations incurred over the past two years, but half of the suspension could be stayed.
- By Mike Kane
Prominent New York trainer Richard E. Dutrow Jr. must serve a 45-day suspension and pay a $3,000 fine for an equine drug positive, the New York State Racing and Wagering Board ruled Tuesday.
Belmont Park presents its final stakes race of the spring-summer meet Sunday when a deep field of New York-breds contests the $100,000 Evan Shipman Handicap at 1 1/16 miles. Gatsas Stables' Gander is the key attraction in this race and 124-pound highweight.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow