Well-traveled Dontbotherknocking successfully defended his title in the $150,000 Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial Breeders' Cup at Remington Park Monday with a well-timed rally for jockey Quincy Hamilton.
Fox Hill Farm's favored Zonk allowed Pocus Hocus and With Ability to duel themselves out of contention, then came with an uncontested rally to post a four-length victory in Saturday's $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 mile on the Aqueduct inner dirt track.
A weanling colt from the first crop of Yankee Victor brought a top price of $320,000 during Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
It may be called the Iowa Festival of Racing at Prairie Meadows, but so far it's been a Kentucky roadshow.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25