Well-traveled Dontbotherknocking successfully defended his title in the $150,000 Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial Breeders' Cup at Remington Park Monday with a well-timed rally for jockey Quincy Hamilton.
Fox Hill Farm's favored Zonk allowed Pocus Hocus and With Ability to duel themselves out of contention, then came with an uncontested rally to post a four-length victory in Saturday's $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 mile on the Aqueduct inner dirt track.
A weanling colt from the first crop of Yankee Victor brought a top price of $320,000 during Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
It may be called the Iowa Festival of Racing at Prairie Meadows, but so far it's been a Kentucky roadshow.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse