Well-traveled Dontbotherknocking successfully defended his title in the $150,000 Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial Breeders' Cup at Remington Park Monday with a well-timed rally for jockey Quincy Hamilton.
Fox Hill Farm's favored Zonk allowed Pocus Hocus and With Ability to duel themselves out of contention, then came with an uncontested rally to post a four-length victory in Saturday's $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 mile on the Aqueduct inner dirt track.
A weanling colt from the first crop of Yankee Victor brought a top price of $320,000 during Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
It may be called the Iowa Festival of Racing at Prairie Meadows, but so far it's been a Kentucky roadshow.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars