Well-traveled Dontbotherknocking successfully defended his title in the $150,000 Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial Breeders' Cup at Remington Park Monday with a well-timed rally for jockey Quincy Hamilton.
Fox Hill Farm's favored Zonk allowed Pocus Hocus and With Ability to duel themselves out of contention, then came with an uncontested rally to post a four-length victory in Saturday's $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 mile on the Aqueduct inner dirt track.
A weanling colt from the first crop of Yankee Victor brought a top price of $320,000 during Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
It may be called the Iowa Festival of Racing at Prairie Meadows, but so far it's been a Kentucky roadshow.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta