Robert Farinella has been appointed senior vice president and general manager of Tioga and Vernon Downs racetracks in New York, owner Nevada Gold & Casinos announced Nov. 10.
Bob Farinella resigned Jan. 18 after nearly 12 years as president and general manager of Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
Track officials and horsemen at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa are considering shortening the race-week from five days to four in the future to help solidify handle figures.
Prairie Meadows is reviving a $25 million expansion plan on the heels of a state Supreme Court decision that drastically reduced the racetrack's gambling taxes, according to the Des Moines Register.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume