Robert Farinella has been appointed senior vice president and general manager of Tioga and Vernon Downs racetracks in New York, owner Nevada Gold & Casinos announced Nov. 10.
Bob Farinella resigned Jan. 18 after nearly 12 years as president and general manager of Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
Track officials and horsemen at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa are considering shortening the race-week from five days to four in the future to help solidify handle figures.
Prairie Meadows is reviving a $25 million expansion plan on the heels of a state Supreme Court decision that drastically reduced the racetrack's gambling taxes, according to the Des Moines Register.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open