Robert Farinella has been appointed senior vice president and general manager of Tioga and Vernon Downs racetracks in New York, owner Nevada Gold & Casinos announced Nov. 10.
Bob Farinella resigned Jan. 18 after nearly 12 years as president and general manager of Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
Track officials and horsemen at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa are considering shortening the race-week from five days to four in the future to help solidify handle figures.
Prairie Meadows is reviving a $25 million expansion plan on the heels of a state Supreme Court decision that drastically reduced the racetrack's gambling taxes, according to the Des Moines Register.
Most Popular Stories
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win