Robert Farinella has been appointed senior vice president and general manager of Tioga and Vernon Downs racetracks in New York, owner Nevada Gold & Casinos announced Nov. 10.
- By Dan Johnson
Bob Farinella resigned Jan. 18 after nearly 12 years as president and general manager of Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
Track officials and horsemen at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa are considering shortening the race-week from five days to four in the future to help solidify handle figures.
Prairie Meadows is reviving a $25 million expansion plan on the heels of a state Supreme Court decision that drastically reduced the racetrack's gambling taxes, according to the Des Moines Register.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill