Champion producer Ivory Idol died March 30 at Kip and Suzanne Knelman's Farfellow Farms near Paris, Ky. The daughter of Alydar--Ivory Wand, by Sir Ivor was 30.
Odds-on choice Admiral Kitten surged through the stretch to catch Fredericksburg just in time for a neck victory in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) on the night of Jan. 25 at Sam Houston Race Park.
Ridden with confidence by jockey Victor Espinoza, Bajan, the 4-5 favorite, responded with a decisive victory in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes Nov. 9 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Sum of the Parts popped the gate and never looked back en route to a repeat victory in the $200,000 Stoll Keenon Ogden Phoenix Stakes (gr. III), posting his first win of the season on opening day at Keeneland Oct. 4.
The 3-year-old son of Speightstown earns a spot in the Breeders' Cup Sprint with the win.
Sum of the Parts, taking the lead shortly after the start, led at every pole to capture the $400,000 Red Legend Stakes by 3 3/4 lengths in an upset at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races on the night of June 30.
Champion Anees, who was in the middle of standing his third season at Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington, was euthanized the morning of April 5.
Buddha, a grade I winner for owners Gary and Mary West who won all three starts this year for trainer James Bond, has been retired because of a muscle problem in his back.
Seven-year-old Critikola, a group II winner in her native Argentine and grade I stakes-placed in the U.S., has been retired from racing and was bred April 28 to champion Lemon Drop Kid.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs