Graded stakes winner Fappie's Notebook has been relocated to Harvey and Nancy Vanier's Fairberry Farm near Waterloo, Ill.
Graded stakes winner Fappie's Notebook was represented by his first winner when his son, Stash McCann, won May 30 at Calder Race Course.
Dream Run earns his first graded stakes victory in the Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship.
Fappie's Notebook rallied from far back to edge Twilight Road by a head in Sunday's $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park. On a drying out track labeled good, Irving and Marjorie Cowan's homebred completed the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:16.19 under Jorge Chavez.
Amelia beat Sara's Success by a neck Saturday in the $100,000 France A. Genter Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Calder. In the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap, Fappie's Notebook beat Kiss A Native by 1 1/2 lengths.
Fappie's Notebook rallied to beat General Grant by half-length Sunday in the $75,000 Seminole Handicap at Hialeah Park. Ridden by Abdiel Toribio, Fappie's Notebook ran 1 1/8 miles in 1:48.66 on the fast track and paid $6, $4.80, and $3.60.
Istintaj, the 4-5 favorite in Sunday's Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, took a slim lead just inside the eighth pole to win the 6 1/2-furlong bout by a half-length. Among his rivals were 3-1 second choice Fappie's Notebook, who finished second, and 21-1 longshot Fantastic Finish, who led for most of the race before giving way in the last yards to finish third. The winner paid $3.80, the exacta returned $15.20, and the trifecta was worth $692.00.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach