Grade I winner Heatseeker's first reported foal is a filly born Jan. 16 at Frank and Mattie Justice's Dell Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Four-year-old fillies J'ray and Bayou's Lassie, both with graded stakes victories this year, and a group I winner from Chile are set for the $100,000 My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT), an evenly matched 1 1/8-mile turf test for fillies and mares at Calder Race Course Dec. 1.
The improving Criminologist got the soft going she relishes and rolled to her third consecutive victory Oct. 13 in the $109,100 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park Widener Turf Course.
Criminologist has four turf victories this year. Dance Away Capote is the lone starter with a graded stakes win to her credit. Those two headline a field of six in the 30th running of the $100,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Oct. 13 on the Belmont turf.
A wide-open field was drawn for the $100,000-added Noble Damsel (g. IIIT) at Belmont Park Sept. 15. Not much separates the 10 fillies and mares entered in the one-mile race over the Widener Turf.
Live Oak Plantation's My Typhoon wrestled the lead from Precious Kitten in the final strides to win the $200,000 Jenny Wiley Stakes, which was moved from the turf to the all-weather track at rainy Keeneland Saturday.
Eclipse Award winner Wait a While, last year's champion 3-year-old filly, will carry 123 pounds in Saturday's $200,000 Jenny Wiley (gr. IIT). The 4-year-old Maria's Mon filly is the co-topweight in the 1 1/16-mile turf race for fillies and mares, along with Precious Kitten.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance