Southern California shipper Fantastic Spain overcame traffic trouble at the eighth pole and surged late to win the $191,400 Golden Gate Fields Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) by a neck over the odds-on choice Notable Guest on the turf Monday at the Albany, Calif., track.
Sons of Partner's Hero and Fantastic Fellow, two sires whose first foals are 2-year-olds this year, brought $60,000 each to top Thursday's session of Keeneland's September Yearling Sale.
Jean-Pierre DeRoubaix of the French Bloodstock Agency announced that the Turkish Jockey Club has purchased West by West, Marlin, Fantastic Fellow, Bijou d'Inde, and Bin Ajwaad for stallion duty at the Turkish National Stud near Izmit.
West By West, sixth-leading third crop sire in the U.S., is among three stallions destined for Turkey, if negotiations are completed. The other two are Fantastic Fellow and Marlin, according to Narvick International, which is helping engineer the deal with the Turkish Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones