A Savabeel colt sold Jan. 30 at Karaka for $200,000 ($163,407 in United States funds), the highest price through two days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale.
On June 15, the Clasico Tanteo de Potrancas (Chi-I), fell to Divina Preciosa, a daughter of the American export Crocker Road, yet another of the busy clan of Missy Baba.
Exhi, a grade II winner at Keeneland and a multiple stakes winner at Woodbine, will enter stud as a 5-year-old this year at John and Doris Carey's T.C. Westmeath Stud Farm near Shelburne, Ontario.
D'Accord, a grade II winner by Secretariat who developed into a successful New York stallion, was euthanized Oct. 3 at Akindale Farm near Pawling, N.Y., because of complications from old age.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Absolutely Cindy is an improving stakes winner who has shown a particular fondness for the turf and synthetics surfaces. This isn't too surprising since she is a daugher of Arch and a granddaughter of Kris S., sires that have both shown an ability to get top runners on dirt and turf. As for stamina and distance, Absolutely Cindy looks primed to run all day.
Mrs. John Magnier's Holy Roman Emperor produced a divine performance to rule the Independent Waterford Wedgwood Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Simply Lovely, with Steve Bahen in the irons, rallied from just off the pace to win the $165,900 Fanfreluche Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian-bred fillies at Woodbine in authoritative fashion Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale