Live Oak Plantation's homebred Can't Beat It came from 10th after a half-mile under Eddie Castro to win the $100,000 Pete Axthelm Stakes for 3-year-olds by two lengths on the Calder Race Course lawn Saturday.
Graded stakes winners Can't Beat It and Outperformance will likely vie for the favorite's role in an overflow field of 16 entered for the Pete Axthelm Stakes at Calder Race course Saturday.
Live Oak Plantation's Can't Beat It looks like the horse to beat in a field of a dozen 3-year-olds entered in the Calder Derby presented by Woodford Reserve (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles on turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely