Live Oak Plantation's homebred Can't Beat It came from 10th after a half-mile under Eddie Castro to win the $100,000 Pete Axthelm Stakes for 3-year-olds by two lengths on the Calder Race Course lawn Saturday.
Graded stakes winners Can't Beat It and Outperformance will likely vie for the favorite's role in an overflow field of 16 entered for the Pete Axthelm Stakes at Calder Race course Saturday.
Live Oak Plantation's Can't Beat It looks like the horse to beat in a field of a dozen 3-year-olds entered in the Calder Derby presented by Woodford Reserve (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles on turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD