Live Oak Plantation's homebred Can't Beat It came from 10th after a half-mile under Eddie Castro to win the $100,000 Pete Axthelm Stakes for 3-year-olds by two lengths on the Calder Race Course lawn Saturday.
Graded stakes winners Can't Beat It and Outperformance will likely vie for the favorite's role in an overflow field of 16 entered for the Pete Axthelm Stakes at Calder Race course Saturday.
Live Oak Plantation's Can't Beat It looks like the horse to beat in a field of a dozen 3-year-olds entered in the Calder Derby presented by Woodford Reserve (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles on turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success