Live Oak Plantation's homebred Can't Beat It came from 10th after a half-mile under Eddie Castro to win the $100,000 Pete Axthelm Stakes for 3-year-olds by two lengths on the Calder Race Course lawn Saturday.
Graded stakes winners Can't Beat It and Outperformance will likely vie for the favorite's role in an overflow field of 16 entered for the Pete Axthelm Stakes at Calder Race course Saturday.
Live Oak Plantation's Can't Beat It looks like the horse to beat in a field of a dozen 3-year-olds entered in the Calder Derby presented by Woodford Reserve (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles on turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Can'thelpbelieving, Dragon Bay Duel in Nijinsky Stakes