Favored No Hesitation extended his winning streak to five races with his first graded-stakes success in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 21.
Harris Farms' homebred Super High won for the first time since November 2002, edging away to a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Luis A. Asistio's Kalookan Queen, the 3-5 favorite while packing high weight of 123 pounds, made it two in a row by powerfully taking the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III), a 6 ½-furlong sprint for older fillies and mares at Del Mar Sunday .
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC