Favored No Hesitation extended his winning streak to five races with his first graded-stakes success in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 21.
Harris Farms' homebred Super High won for the first time since November 2002, edging away to a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Luis A. Asistio's Kalookan Queen, the 3-5 favorite while packing high weight of 123 pounds, made it two in a row by powerfully taking the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III), a 6 ½-furlong sprint for older fillies and mares at Del Mar Sunday .
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile