Bright Valour won his second consecutive $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park on Saturday. Bright Valour, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the stretch and beat Apt to Be by three-quarters of a length.
A crowd of 19,027 came out to Lone Star Park on Memorial Day to see seven stakes races worth $1 million. It was Lone Star Million Day, starring the king of the comeback and the queen of the bayou.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale