Bright Valour won his second consecutive $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park on Saturday. Bright Valour, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the stretch and beat Apt to Be by three-quarters of a length.
A crowd of 19,027 came out to Lone Star Park on Memorial Day to see seven stakes races worth $1 million. It was Lone Star Million Day, starring the king of the comeback and the queen of the bayou.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday