Bright Valour won his second consecutive $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park on Saturday. Bright Valour, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the stretch and beat Apt to Be by three-quarters of a length.
A crowd of 19,027 came out to Lone Star Park on Memorial Day to see seven stakes races worth $1 million. It was Lone Star Million Day, starring the king of the comeback and the queen of the bayou.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet