Bright Valour won his second consecutive $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park on Saturday. Bright Valour, ridden by Robby Albarado, took the lead in the stretch and beat Apt to Be by three-quarters of a length.
A crowd of 19,027 came out to Lone Star Park on Memorial Day to see seven stakes races worth $1 million. It was Lone Star Million Day, starring the king of the comeback and the queen of the bayou.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward