Hobeau Farm's homebred Delightful Kiss continued his terrific recent form, as he opened his 2009 campaign with an eye-catching, last-to-first victory in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 3 at Gulfstream Park. It was the third graded stakes score in the past five months for the 5-year-old gelding.
Four Roses Thoroughbreds' Anak Nakal, who was prominent on the Triple Crown trail in 2008 and later won the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), will make his 4-year-old debut against 13 rivals during Gulfstream Park's opening day $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 3.
While unable to deliver in his last two tries as the favorite, Pyro is sure to once again be the horse to beat when he goes to the post in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 4.
Bea Oxenberg's Hey Byrn kept his Kentucky Derby hopes alive with a workmanlike 2 1/4-length win in the slowly run $150,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park April 12.
Bea Oxenberg's Hey Byrn returns just two weeks after a well-beaten fourth-place finish in the $1-million Florida Derby (gr. I). He's the choice in the $150,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) April 12 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest