Hobeau Farm's homebred Delightful Kiss continued his terrific recent form, as he opened his 2009 campaign with an eye-catching, last-to-first victory in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 3 at Gulfstream Park. It was the third graded stakes score in the past five months for the 5-year-old gelding.
Four Roses Thoroughbreds' Anak Nakal, who was prominent on the Triple Crown trail in 2008 and later won the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), will make his 4-year-old debut against 13 rivals during Gulfstream Park's opening day $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 3.
While unable to deliver in his last two tries as the favorite, Pyro is sure to once again be the horse to beat when he goes to the post in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 4.
Bea Oxenberg's Hey Byrn kept his Kentucky Derby hopes alive with a workmanlike 2 1/4-length win in the slowly run $150,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park April 12.
Bea Oxenberg's Hey Byrn returns just two weeks after a well-beaten fourth-place finish in the $1-million Florida Derby (gr. I). He's the choice in the $150,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) April 12 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies