Apprentice jockey Jose Ortiz won the first three races and brother Irad Ortiz Jr. took races 4 through 7 to give them a sweep of the first seven races Jan. 20 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
- By Steve Haskin
In a world where tradition and sportsmanship are eroding with each passing year, McGaughey and the Phipps family are the last remaining pillars of strength. read blog
First Defence's initial winner, 2-year-old Dundonnell, romped by 12 lengths at Lingfield in England Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin