Apprentice jockey Jose Ortiz won the first three races and brother Irad Ortiz Jr. took races 4 through 7 to give them a sweep of the first seven races Jan. 20 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
- By Steve Haskin
In a world where tradition and sportsmanship are eroding with each passing year, McGaughey and the Phipps family are the last remaining pillars of strength. read blog
First Defence's initial winner, 2-year-old Dundonnell, romped by 12 lengths at Lingfield in England Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Trainer Pish Secures 2,000th Victory
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- HKJC Strikes Coverage Deal in Australia
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track