Timber Country, the champion 2-year-old male of 1994 and 1995 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner who went on to a successful stallion career in Japan, died Feb. 24 at Lex Stud in Hokkaido at age 24.
As the first new sire to come to Sandringham since Motivator, Al Khazeem offers the Royal Studs both a sire line that is an outcross and a female family of transatlantic interest.
Elle Seule, a French group II winner and one of nine stakes winners out of the Pretense mare Fall Aspen, died Feb. 21 because of a ruptured aneurysm at Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet