Burden of Proof, a multiple group winner in Europe and a leading sire in India, died Aug. 2 at the age of 24 at Dr. Vijay Mallya's Kunigal Stud where he stood at stud, the farm announced via Twitter.
Opening day of the Tattersalls July sale July 10 concluded with total receipts more than doubling from last year and average price soaring by 71.7% at Park Paddocks in Newmarket.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
A globetrotting sire and an all-American dam have strikingly similar pedigrees that combined to produce recent graded winner April Pride. Breeding analyst Alan Porter discusses how his "parallel pattern" theory is evident in the filly's pedigree.
The Magic Millions national weanling sale produced more highlights on day two of the weanling section.
Australia's glamour filly Alinghi could race in the U.S. in 2005. Her crew are considering the trans-Pacific option in the wake of her grand win in the Vinery-sponsored $500,000 (Australian funds) One Thousand Guineas (Aust-I) at Caulfield Oct. 13.
Australian filly Lashed has emerged as the current leader in the quest of New Zealand Horse of the Year honors.
The well-traveled Falbrav scored an impressive two-length win in Tuesday's Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) at York. Two American-bred runners Magistretti and Nayef were second and third, respectively.
Expertly guided by jockey Kieren Fallon, Falbrav won his first race since joining Newmarket-based trainer Luca Cumani, taking the about Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sunday .
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture