If the amazing Ben's Cat is going to make it back-to-back victories in the $200,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap on Thanksgiving Eve at Penn National, he'll will have to defeat one of the toughest fields he has faced recently.
Penn National Race Course has released its 2014 stakes schedule and live racing calendar, following approval by the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission at its Dec. 12 meeting.
Marvelous veteran Ben's Cat did it again Nov. 27 when he wore down odds-on Ribo's Bobo in the final furlong to score a repeat victory in the $250,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
In anticipation of bad weather, Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course and Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races have canceled live racing for the evening of Nov. 26.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, seeking to add more punch to its open stakes schedule, has added a $500,000 event for 3-year-olds on the turf at one mile in 2013.
The remarkable Ben's Cat surged through an opening at mid-stretch to put his head in front in the final strides, capturing the inaugural running of the $200,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap at Penn National Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu