His recent form had been poor but Stream Cat turned things around when given extra ground in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 12 furlongs, spoiling the return to action of favorite Big Booster at Santa Anita March 28.
Eleven horses died in a barn fire the morning of April 19 at Fabien Ouaki's Fab Oak Stable near Versailles, Ky.
Nownownow, transferred this week from troubled trainer Patrick Biancone to his assistant Francois Parisel, rallied from last at the quarter pole to win the inaugural running of the $916,000 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 26 at Monmouth Park.
Mauralakana collared even-money favorite Quite a Bride a furlong from home and drew clear in the final stages to win the $162,900 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares, bringing down the curtain on the 2007 Churchill Downs spring meet Sunday.
Stream Cat went from last to first under jockey Gary Stevens to register an impressive 1 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Kentucky Cup Juvenile (gr. III) at Turfway Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus