Glick, an 8-year-old bay horse running for a $62,500 claiming price Monday, broke the Santa Anita record for the about 6 1/2-furlong hillside turf course, covering the course in 1:11.26 while winning by 2 1/2 lengths.
After Captain Squire scored a 5 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $250,000 FedEx Sunshine Millions Sprint at Santa Anita in a blistering time of 1:08.15, trainer Jeff Mullins left little doubt on what's on his mind later this year.
Jockey Julie Krone and 53-1 shot Debonair Joe burst through the stretch five-wide to post a stunning neck victory over F J's Pace in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
New Zealand-bred Master Belt came from well off the pace to register a 68-1 shocker in the $100,000 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the downhill turf course at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Mile Draws 19 First-Preference Entries
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Eight Grade I Winners Entered in F&M Turf
- Main Sequence Battles Euro Standouts in Turf
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Strong Foreign Invasion for Juvenile Turf