Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale, which begins Monday in Lexington, will be bigger than ever before. The auction's total of 2,933 lots exceeds by 425 the former January record of 2,508, set last year.
All of the Thoroughbreds owned by the Estate of F. Eugene Dixon Jr.'s Erdenheim Farm will be dispersed at the 2007 Keeneland January sale.
The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
Erdenheim Farm's Political Attack, a 4-year-old gelding trained by Michael Matz, turned in an impressive performance at Calder on Saturday to win the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/2 lengths over Millennium Dragon.
F. Eugene Dixon's Political Attack held off even-money favorite Miesque's Approval to win Sunday's $100,000 Canadian Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park, breaking an eight-race losing streak.
Most Popular Stories
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired