Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale, which begins Monday in Lexington, will be bigger than ever before. The auction's total of 2,933 lots exceeds by 425 the former January record of 2,508, set last year.
All of the Thoroughbreds owned by the Estate of F. Eugene Dixon Jr.'s Erdenheim Farm will be dispersed at the 2007 Keeneland January sale.
The surging Thoroughbred market continued to generate impressive figures Tuesday during the second session of Keeneland's January sale in Lexington.
Erdenheim Farm's Political Attack, a 4-year-old gelding trained by Michael Matz, turned in an impressive performance at Calder on Saturday to win the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/2 lengths over Millennium Dragon.
F. Eugene Dixon's Political Attack held off even-money favorite Miesque's Approval to win Sunday's $100,000 Canadian Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park, breaking an eight-race losing streak.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31