Taghrooda became the first Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner in more than three decades to capture the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) July 26 at Ascot.
It's rather rare for a mare in a major racing jurisdiction to throw Derby-winning brothers. It's probably even rarer for both siblings to go on to sire classic winners themselves.
Shadwell homebred Taghrooda, from Sea The Stars' first crop, won the Investec Epsom Oaks (In Memory of Henry Cecil) (Eng-I) June 6. She was ridden by Paul Hanagan for trainer John Gosden.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule