Taghrooda became the first Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner in more than three decades to capture the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) July 26 at Ascot.
It's rather rare for a mare in a major racing jurisdiction to throw Derby-winning brothers. It's probably even rarer for both siblings to go on to sire classic winners themselves.
Shadwell homebred Taghrooda, from Sea The Stars' first crop, won the Investec Epsom Oaks (In Memory of Henry Cecil) (Eng-I) June 6. She was ridden by Paul Hanagan for trainer John Gosden.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares