Taghrooda became the first Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) winner in more than three decades to capture the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) July 26 at Ascot.
It's rather rare for a mare in a major racing jurisdiction to throw Derby-winning brothers. It's probably even rarer for both siblings to go on to sire classic winners themselves.
Shadwell homebred Taghrooda, from Sea The Stars' first crop, won the Investec Epsom Oaks (In Memory of Henry Cecil) (Eng-I) June 6. She was ridden by Paul Hanagan for trainer John Gosden.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82