Deceptive Vision earned a berth to the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) after taking the $305,250 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) Sept. 14 over the Woodbine turf.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Canadian-bred A.P. Indy colt Eye of the Leopard just broke his maiden in mid-May, but his classy pedigree makes him a good bet in upcoming Canadian Classics.
Canadian champion Eye of the Sphynx, whose last start came in September in the Ontario Colleen Handicap on turf at Woodbine, has been bred to A.P. Indy and has been pronounced in foal.
Sam-Son Farm's Eye of the Sphynx remained perfect in four career starts after a surprisingly easy 4 1/4-length triumph in the $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks Sunday at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's unbeaten Eye of the Sphynx heads a select field of five for Sunday's $500,000 Labatt Woodbine Oaks, the country's premier race for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies.
Employing a gallant final surge, unbeaten Eye of the Sphynx overcame a determined Silver Bird to win Sunday's $275,000 Selene Stakes (Can-II) for 3-year-old fillies by a neck at Woodbine.
Eye of the Sphynx, a leading Labatt Woodbine Oaks prospect recently supplemented to the Queen's Plate as well, heads the $250,000-added Selene Stakes (Can-II) for 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced