A leg injury has taken Lee Lewis' Eye Dazzler out of consideration for the 130th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on April 30. Churchill Downs officials have suspended wagering on the 3-year-old filly prior to today's start of betting in Pool 2 of the Kentucky Oaks Future Wager ("KOFW").
Stonerside Stable's homebred Miss Coronado, shipping from Southern California and making her first start on the dirt, held off Eye Dazzler, Society Selection and Last Song in going gate to wire to win the $150,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Gulfstream Park.
Grade I winner Society Selection leads a field of seven set for the Davona Dale Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies and 2003 champion sprinter Cajun Beat will also face six rivals in the Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III).
Regally-bred La Reina was momentarily collared at the top of the stretch but battled back gamely under jockey John Velazquez to post an impressive three-length victory in the $110,700 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Aqueduct on Tuesday.
Baba Gonzo, a filly with a wacky name, is one of several leading candidates for Tuesday's election day $100,000 Tempted Stakes for 2-year-old fillies going a mile at Aqueduct.
As Marylebone and Lokoya battled head-and-head in the stretch, the only thing that was certain in Sunday's $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park was that trainer Todd Pletcher was going to the winner's circle.
Unbridled Beauty, a $750,000 yearling purchase at Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga's yearling sale a year ago, returns to The Spa in Monday's $150,000 Adirondack Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll