Amelia Bearhart, who produced three stakes winners including two-time Canadian Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart, died Jan. 7 and was buried at the farm of her owner, Richard Maynard. She was 27.
Boomzeeboom, passed in the stretch by his stablemate Twice as Bad, responded to exuberant urging from Victor Espinoza and came back on the inside to post a half-length victory in the $110,200 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs announced that grade I turf winner Explosive Red will be relocated to Adena Springs Canada near Aurora, Ontario, from Adena Springs South in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen