Cuvee, a romping winner in the Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III), looms as a heavy favorite in Sunday's 102nd running of the six-furlong race for 2-year-olds - but he will be challenged by some new faces.
Cuvee, ridden by Lonnie Meche, swept to the lead on the far turn and drew off for a convincing 8 1/4-length victory over First Money in Memorial Day's featured $174,200 grade III Kentucky Breeders' Cup for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Cuvee, a dazzling 6 1/2-length winner in his career debut at Churchill Downs on Kentucky Oaks Day, heads a field of six in the 5 1/2-furlong Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) Monday, the first graded stakes race of the year for American 2-year-olds.
Grade II winner Exploit was represented by his first winner
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Live Chat - Friday, April 3 at NOON EDT
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Live Video: Fasig-Tipton Texas Sale
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- What's Going On Here: Keep Raising the Bar