Expect An Angel topped the Thursday session of the 2006 Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when Stonewall Farm/Atoka went to $440,000 to secure the broodmare prospect. The sale, which surpassed last year's gross on day three this year, is on pace to break the all-time January record gross.
One for Rose, Sid Attard's million-dollar baby, is back and, according to the veteran trainer's assistant conditioner, Canada's two-time champion older mare still has plenty of fight left in her.
Molta Vita, making her first start in six months, carries trainer Dallas Stewart's hopes in Sunday's $100,000 Hurricane Bertie Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Expect an Angel, who won the Chaposa Springs at Calder on New Year's Eve by three lengths, heads a balanced field in the First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Expect an Angel sprang a huge upset when she came from last to win the $100,000, grade III Chaposa Springs Handicap on Friday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park