Expect An Angel topped the Thursday session of the 2006 Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when Stonewall Farm/Atoka went to $440,000 to secure the broodmare prospect. The sale, which surpassed last year's gross on day three this year, is on pace to break the all-time January record gross.
One for Rose, Sid Attard's million-dollar baby, is back and, according to the veteran trainer's assistant conditioner, Canada's two-time champion older mare still has plenty of fight left in her.
Molta Vita, making her first start in six months, carries trainer Dallas Stewart's hopes in Sunday's $100,000 Hurricane Bertie Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Expect an Angel, who won the Chaposa Springs at Calder on New Year's Eve by three lengths, heads a balanced field in the First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Expect an Angel sprang a huge upset when she came from last to win the $100,000, grade III Chaposa Springs Handicap on Friday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition