Gil Laiz is most comfortable in the saddle. It's a good thing. The 60-year-old exercise rider breezed 76 2-year-olds during the recent under tack preview ahead of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale April 21-24.
The Tampa Bay Downs Division of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America has established a fund to assist exercise rider Erasmo Tranquilino, who was critically injured Jan. 18 at the Florida track.
Her drive and determination were always to do the best she could with what she had in any circumstance. Read Blog
Parker Buckley, a former jockey who was working as an exercise rider for trainer Steve Asmussen, is in critical condition following an Aug. 18 accident at Saratoga's Oklahoma training track.
The Maryland Jockey Club revealed Wednesday details of the accident to an exercise rider who was killed Tuesday morning during training at Pimlico Race Course near Baltimore.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time