Gil Laiz is most comfortable in the saddle. It's a good thing. The 60-year-old exercise rider breezed 76 2-year-olds during the recent under tack preview ahead of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale April 21-24.
The Tampa Bay Downs Division of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America has established a fund to assist exercise rider Erasmo Tranquilino, who was critically injured Jan. 18 at the Florida track.
Her drive and determination were always to do the best she could with what she had in any circumstance. Read Blog
Parker Buckley, a former jockey who was working as an exercise rider for trainer Steve Asmussen, is in critical condition following an Aug. 18 accident at Saratoga's Oklahoma training track.
The Maryland Jockey Club revealed Wednesday details of the accident to an exercise rider who was killed Tuesday morning during training at Pimlico Race Course near Baltimore.
Most Popular Stories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green At Spa
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1
- The Day the Haskell Came of Age
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- American Pharoah's Haskell Stopover
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- AAEP Seeks EIPH Treatment Alternatives