A group of scientists met with representatives of the Thoroughbred Owners of California Jan. 18 to discuss exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging and later issued a joint statement supporting use of furosemide.
Racing consultant Earl Ola talks about the relationship between conditioning and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging (EIPH), also known as bleeding read blog
The Association of Racing Commissioners International is reassessing its policy supporting race-day administration of furosemide, but also indicated much needs to be done before any change is made.
A South African study showed a strong heritability between some stallions and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhaging, also known as bleeding.
A well-attended summit June 13 at Belmont Park shed a lot of light on the research and international regulations surrounding the race-day medication Salix.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
The first international summit on race-day medication as it relates to exercise-induced pulmonary hemorhaging will be June 13-14 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law